- Published on Friday, 24 February 2017 09:00
GRSG Student Award Announcement
GRSG Student Awards 2017
We are pleased to announce that applications for the GRSG student awards are now open! This year, the Geological Remote Sensing Group (GRSG) is offering up to three awards of £1000 each, to reward and aid students who are engaged in geoscientific remote sensing research.
These awards may be used to support laboratory work, fieldwork, data/software purchases, attendance at conferences, and international collaborations.
To be eligible for a GRSG student award you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a student member of the GRSG at the time of application.
- Must be enrolled on a full or part-time university programme, including MSc and PhD projects, focused on some aspect of geoscientific remote sensing. The awards are open to students of any nationality.
More details about the GRSG student award can be found on our website:
- Published on Monday, 09 January 2017 09:00
UAS4Enviro2017: Small Unmanned Aerial Systems
for Environmental Research
Dates: 28th-30th June 2017
Location: University of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, Portugal
Description: We invite you to attend this conference of the RSPSoc's UAVs SIG which will bring together academics, practitioners and those with an interst in working with small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) for environmental monitoring and research. This three-day conference will be composed by scientific presentations (28 and 29 June) and a UAS Industry Day (30 June), where companies will dispose of 30 min to present their developments/applications and a demonstrative workshop with live demos on data collection and processing ueing different platforms and sensors
Abstracts are invited for oral and poster presentations, on a range of environmental topics, including but not limited to:
- Terrestrial applications – such as geomorphology, natural hazards, glaciology, archaeology, ecology, conservation, terrain assessment, agriculture, forestry, geology & geophysics
- Hydrological applications – such as river science, hydrology, coastal & marine
- Atmospheric applications – such as aerobiology
- Practicalities of data collection using sUAS (including licensing and flight regulations)
- Processing and analysis of sUAS data (including photogrammetry and structure from motion)
- Prof. José Alberto Gonçalves: New challenges in the aquisition and processing of photogrammetric data
- Prof. Marc Pierrot Deseilligny: UAV 3D photogrammetric models: bigger and faster forever, is this the Graal?
Abstract Submission: Is now OPEN. Please submit one-page abstracts (max 2000 words) by 31st March. Authors will be notified of the decision of the scientific committee by April 2017
Registration: Opens April 2017
Fees: Normal 100€ | Student 65€ (requires certificate ascertaining student status)
Accommodation: Overnight accommodation will be available at UTAD's residences (25€ ensuite B&B). Everyone can apply for these reduced rates (in limited number and preferably for students)
IJRS Publication Opportunity: All submissions will be peer reviewed according to International Journal of Remote Sensing guidelines. Submitted manuscripts should not have been published or be under review elsewhere
- Published on Tuesday, 06 January 2015 09:35
Please see the following press release from Dartcom:
- Published on Friday, 21 September 2012 11:23
The European Alliance for Innovation is a dynamic eco-system for fostering ICT enabled innovation to improve European competitiveness. EAI acts as supported by the European Commission and uses open e-platforms to inspire grassroots collaboration among all relevant actors, from organisations to individuals, from SMEs to academia in order to stimulate community-driven innovation.
By harnessing the potential of the ICT revolution, EAI engages the global community in all sectors of society to explore ways in which innovation in technology and business can benefit society at large.
See www.eai.eu for further information including newsletters and news items. October 2014 Newsletter available here: http://eai.mailmta.com/nl/n.jsp?uH.Cr7.riW.Sl.CG.ZdD8