The Wavelength meeting was launched for the first time in 2013, as the re-branded and re-organised RSPSoc student conference.
This re-launch was in response to demand for representation of new professionals as well as students from RSPSoc – the UK’s number one society for remote sensing science within both academia and industry.
The meeting has gone from strength to strength with the Wavelength conference in 2014 attracting a record number of over 50 delegates from a wide range of remote sensing and photogrammetry backgrounds from both the UK and abroad.
Why should postgraduates (or keen final year undergraduates) attend?
- An un-intimidating yet professional setting to present work and meet new, like-minded contacts.
- A friendly environment with a fun social programme designed to facilitate interaction between representatives from both universities and commercial organisations.
- Prizes for the best oral and poster presentations as voted for by the delegates.
- Fantastic career-oriented keynote talks delivered by speakers from a range of backgrounds.
- An opportunity to gain wider awareness of remote sensing within academia and industry.